To provide the participant with the practical skill and knowledge to effectively assess and supervise the oil spill clean-up at site.
Who should Attend
The supervisor in-charge or on-scene commander of an oil spill response at site .
The potential supervisor of an oil spill response site
· Introduction to PIMMAG
· Introduction to oil spill response
· Shoreline and offshore response -operation of equipment, containment & recovery techniques
· Application of dispersant, effectiveness & limitations
· Shoreline Clean Up & Waste Management
· Forward Command Post set-up
· Spill site assessment & planning (practical)
· Use of ICT in oil spill response e.g. ADIOS2
· Preparation of Geographical Response Plan (GRP)
· Marine Oil Spill Aerial Surveillance & Quantification
· Oil slick trajectory modelling
· Syndicate exercise e.g. Shoreline Cleanup, Assessment Technique (SCAT).